The goal of our capacity building programme area is to strengthen capacity of people in development-related policies resulting in long-term valued impacts.
- Identify and access a pool of funding partners to support capacity-building into development policy;
- Contribute to the development of advocacy skills for partner organizations for achieving sustainable development;
- Develop a research funding base for community-based NGO’s and academic institutions.
Technical assistance and capacity strengthening for Ministry of Reconstruction, Rehabilitation and Resettlement (MRRR) in Borno, Nigeria
Technical assistance and capacity strengthening for the Borno State Ministry of Reconstruction Rehabilitation and Resettlement project was implemented between 2019 – 2021. This project was funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. This project was designed to address critical capacity gaps essential for the MRRR to effectively coordinate the multitude of responses to the crisis created by the Boko Haram insurgency and meet its other mandates.
These key tasks were in the areas of Strategic Planning; Information and Communication Technology and Data Management; Stakeholder Engagement, Partnership Management and Coordination; and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E).
The project achieved the following key result:
- Development of a four–year (2019 – 2022) Strategic Plan for the MRRR.
- Provision of low scale ICT infrastructure and development of the capability to use ICT and manage data within the MRRR.
- Developed and supported the implementation of a one-year partnership and coordination Work Plan for the Borno State Agency for Coordination of Sustainable Development and Humanitarian Response.
- Development of a low scale Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system for the MRRR and provided M&E training for the MRRR and other allied ministries’ officials